Friday, January 4, 2013

Uptown Girlfriends


Hello Ai friends and happy Friday!
I have been thinking of inking up this wonderful Ai Uptown Girlfriends stamp Sku# 4129, for some time now, and I finally got my chance! It's quite a large stamp and so fun to color with copic markers. I even did a little paper piecing to the lady on the far left, her dress, along with her handbag. I used a beautiful little 6" x 6" designer paper pad from Carta Bella (Traditions). Pretty designs and colors.


The base card size is 6" x 5-1/2". I stitched around the edges with my sewing machine and added some matching blue ribbon behind the stamped image. I die cut a pretty little flourish die from My Favorite Things and added it to the bottom of my card. I didn't want to cover up the pretty designer paper too much.


For the inside I stamped one of my favorite girlfriend sentiments, "Thick and Thin" Sku# F4043. I added a pretty strip of matching designer paper, and distressed the edges with Tea Dye distress ink.
I hope you enjoyed my little paper creation. Thanks for stopping by the Ai blog today.
Happy stamping and have a great weekend!


3 comments:

Joan V said...

Oh, these girlfriends look like they can get into some trouble. LOL. I love your card. Thanks for sharing.

Kerry said...

These girlfriends are awesome, they always bring a big smile on my face, love it! Great coloring and the paper piecing, gorgeous card! :D

Anonymous said...

Look out the girlfriends are here, Great colors and great layout : )